Project Manager / Environmental Consultant EIA & Consenting
Are you proven project manager with experience of environmental assessment /EIA / planning applications looking to take the next big career move? Want to work at the forefront of delivering the next generation of sustainable infrastructure and tackling some of the biggest environmental challenges facing our society?
At Atmos, our team come to work knowing they are working for an organisation committed to growing and developing its people by offering an inspiring and supportive place to work. Our purpose is simple – ‘to enable sustainable development that realises our clients’ vision, protects the environment and enhances the world we live in.’
We offer an unparalleled opportunity to develop your role and skills that fit with life and career ambitions.
We offer an inclusive approach to the running of our business that we consider paramount to our success and is the reason we build strong relationships with established and new clients. We have a track record of attracting the best and the brightest and we would like you to be a part of this team.
About this Job:
Due to ongoing growth and a strong pipeline of future work, Atmos Consulting requires a Project Manager / Environmental Consultant to join our growing Environmental Assessment and Consenting team.
As a Project Manager you will play a key role in supporting our clients across the low carbon economy through the management of planning applications, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other environmental assessments, across a variety of industry critical projects,
The day-to-day requirements of the post would include:
- Undertaking of technical assessments including desktop assessments and potentially surveys and site visits as required.
- Managing the delivery of projects both large and small including client and subcontractor management, project budgets, programme and invoicing. Identification and management of project risks with the support of senior staff.
Preparation of tenders including obtaining quotes from subcontractors, and drafting of fee proposals for approval by senior staff.
- Preparation and review of written technical reports for approval by Project Directors.
- Business Development through the identification of future project opportunities, client management and liaison and attendance at industry events.
- Assisting with internal management and business processes including the tracking of business opportunities and team finances.
- Professional development and learning including keeping up to date with industry changes and making a positive contribution to the overall development and performance of the Company.
We are seeking someone looking to take the next step in their career with the ambition and work ethic to succeed.
- A Masters degree in an environmental discipline, together with 5 or more years’ experience in project management / environmental consultancy.
- Robust project management skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver works in line with budgets and programme deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with multifunctional teams both internally and externally.
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of the planning and environmental assessment legislations across the UK.
- Full Driving Licence.
Atmos is unique in offering the benefits of a large company but in a small, family friendly environment. In addition to rewarding, you with a competitive salary and other standard Benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and pension schemes, Atmos offers:
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement to suit both candidate & business needs.
- Annual discretionary company performance bonus scheme; Paid out in each of the last two years.
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including employee assistance programme, cycle to work & tax-free childcare scheme.
- Atmos Benefits Hub, offering a range of Employee Discounts & Rewards.
- The opportunity to shape and develop your career in modern, friendly and supportive work environment including a clear progression path to the next level of professional development.
- A fully supportive environment where you will be actively encouraged to be innovative and collaborative.
- An opportunity to work and lead on a wide variety of cutting-edge projects, addressing the big environmental challenges in the low-carbon economy and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com entitled "Application Project Manager / Environmental Consultant ".
For an informal chat about this role please call Malcolm Sangster on 0131 346 9100
We are proud to be an inclusive company. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit and must hold a full UK driving licence.
Strictly no agencies