Principal /Senior Consultant EIA & Consenting
Are you an established EIA practitioner or environmental planner with a minimum of 7 years’ experience looking to take the next big career move? Want to work at the forefront of delivering the next generation of sustainable infrastructure and tackling some of the biggest environmental challenges facing our society?
At Atmos, our team come to work knowing they are working for an organisation committed to growing and developing its people by offering an inspiring and supportive place to work. Our purpose is simple – ‘to enable sustainable development that realises our clients’ vision, protects the environment and enhances the world we live in.’
We offer an unparalleled opportunity to develop your role and skills that fit with life and career ambitions. We offer an inclusive approach to the running of our business that we consider paramount to our success and is the reason we build strong relationships with established and new clients. We have a track record of attracting the best and the brightest and we would like you to be a part of this team.
About this Job:
As a result of a growing and diverse pipeline of projects, we require a Senior/Principal Consultant to join our growing Environmental Assessment and Consenting team.
You will play a pivotal role in the development of our business, supporting our Technical Director EIA and our Senior Leadership Team in the management of large and complex projects and also in playing significant part in business development.
The position would be nominally based in our Edinburgh / Inverness/ Mold (north Wales) offices, however, Atmos offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement to suit both candidate & business needs.
The day-to-day requirements of the post would include:
- Managing the delivery of large and complex projects both including client and subcontractor management, project budgets, programme and invoicing.
- Identification and management of project risks with the support of the Project Director.
- Provide technical leadership role in one or more environmental or planning specialisms and providing technical environmental & planning advice to clients in the renewable energy and other sectors.
- Preparation of tenders including obtaining quotes from subcontractors and preparation of fee proposals.
- Preparation and review of written technical reports for approval by Project Directors.
- Taking a lead role in business development through the engagement with Atmos’ own professional networks and the development of their own.
- Acting as a client account manager for larger clients ensuring that their needs are met and securing opportunities for repeat business;
- Mentoring and advising junior staff (in a line management capacity where appropriate) and acting as a ‘go to’ for technical advice;
- Assisting the Technical Director with the management of the team including finance and budgeting; business planning and forecasting;
- Deputising for the Technical Director as appropriate.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Masters degree in an environmental discipline and 7 or more years’ experience.
- A Chartered Environmentalist or Town Planner.
- Robust project management skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver works in line with budgets and programme deadlines.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure and to juggle competing demands effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with multifunctional team both internally and externally.
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of the planning and environmental assessment legislations across the UK.
- Experience of growing clients and undertaking business development activities would be an advantage.
- Experience of line management and mentoring of junior staff.
- Full Driving Licence.
Atmos is unique in offering the benefits of a large company but in a small, family friendly environment. In addition to rewarding, you with a competitive salary and other standard benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and pension schemes, Atmos offers:
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement to suit both candidate & business needs.
- Annual discretionary company performance bonus scheme; Paid out in each of the last two years.
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including employee assistance programme, cycle to work & tax-free childcare scheme.
- Atmos Benefits Hub, offering a range of Employee Discounts & Rewards.
- The opportunity to shape and develop your career in modern, friendly and supportive work environment including a clear progression path to the next level of professional development.
- A fully supportive environment where you will be actively encouraged to be innovative and collaborative.
- An opportunity to work and lead on a wide variety of cutting-edge projects, addressing the big environmental challenges in the low-carbon economy and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled "Application Principal EIA Consultant".
For an informal chat about this role please call Malcolm Sangster on 0131 346 9100
We are proud to be an inclusive company. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit and must hold a full UK driving licence.
Strictly no Agencies.