About this job
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with us to work on a wide range of interesting projects across Wales and England. As a seasonal ecologist you will get the opportunity to visit a host of different places to carry out ecological surveys. In a vibrant and busy consultancy, each day is different, and the variety means you will quickly be able to apply your knowledge to a diverse range of projects. Likely work will include bat surveys, badger surveys, breeding bird surveys and ecological supervision.
The post will involve undertaking field surveys for the majority of the time, sometimes in remote locations; therefore, the ability to drive is a critical requirement. There will also be an element of data management in the office to document your survey findings and discuss them with the team.
The role will be at our ecologist/graduate ecologist grade, which requires some previous experience in a similar line of work. If you have demonstrable experience of undertaking ecological or ornithological surveys, good identification skills, and are motivated and enthusiastic to learn, we would like to hear from you.
As with all our posts, the following are also of key importance to fulfil the requirements of these roles:
- Adherence to good practice in terms of health and safety issues, including when lone-working under our lone-worker system;
- Attention to technical detail, in both recording and transcribing/checking survey data;
- An enthusiasm to do a good job every time and take advantage of the support offered by our permanent staff and to be able to work as part of a small team.
- A passion for ecology, ornithology or nature conservation.
- A working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; and
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
For the successful candidates, Atmos Consulting offers a competitive salary; supportive management committed to high levels of professionalism and staff development/training; a good working environment and the opportunity to enjoy being part of an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. There is also a possibility of extension of contract.
Please submit a 1-2 page CV and covering letter explaining concisely your area of expertise and why you wish to be considered for one of these posts by email email@example.com entitled "Application for seasonal ecologist Mold - [your name]". For an informal chat about this position, please contact Catherine Hibbert or Alex Hatton on 01352 744512.